Sunday, August 2, 2009

Noah's 3rd Birthday Party!








Noah's birthday party was a huge success! Everyone had lots of fun, no little kids had major meltdowns, and overall everyone had a blast. Thank you to everyone for the gifts, and for being there. Thank you to Grandma Janet for her delicious homemade baked brown beans, pickles, and zucchini relish.



Now to explain things about the party. This big bouncer thing was the big hit of the party...a gift from Noah's uncle/godfather, Zach, all the kids were pleased as punch to play on this thing. Even Matt gave it a try!





We had a scavenger hunt and a pinata, which was rather anticlimatic, but thats ok. Everyone was happy with their giftbags, and no fighting happened over the rewards for the scanvger hunt. There was just enough of all the food, everyone loved my mom's pasta salad, and the brown beans. Even Zach's dog, Sam, got a cheeseburger!


My sister Sarah's birthday is the same day as Noah's, so I decided that I needed to do something special for her too. Over the years, Sarah has loves to play practical jokes on us in the form of food...like diet coke spiked with vinegar, a toothpaste sandwhich, and putting salt in your soda when you weren't looking. She did various other things to earn a title of horrible sister, but thats neither here nor there. So to get here back, I decided to do a joke that I had wanted to do since we did our graduation demos at work. I iced up a small, rectangular box, and decorated it with an edible image of a card that I had bought previously. ( I also brought with me a regular chocolate cake with non-dairy whipped icing. I didn't get a picture of it, but had cute polka-dots in light yellow, green, blue, and pink.) When it was time to cut the cakes, I was about bursting to laugh, so when Sarah tried to cut the cake, I started to laugh, and wow! I laughed until I cried while Sarah was trying to figure out what was going on with her cake. We had alot of people laughing!


Overall it was a great day! Noah had alot of fun with Calvin, Josie, Ella, and Kaylee. I'm so glad everyone that attended had a great time too. Now if we can just figure out how to get all these presents home....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home