Sunday, May 30, 2010

Comfort Food

One of my biggest passions is cooking and baking. I find that cooking and baking soothing, with my home filling with wonderfull smells, and knowing that my family will have treats and goodies to eat. I keep meaning to post more about my baking obsessions, but alas, I never do. So here I start!

One of my favorite recipes is Cream Cheese Brownies. I love them because they are so simple to whip up but have the effect of something much more complicated! You can either make the brownies from scratch, or use a box mix. I usuall just use a box mix.

1.) Prep brownie mix as directed on the box. Pour 2/3 of the mix into a 9x13 pan. Set aside.

2.) Cream together :
  • 1 egg
  • 3 oz. cream cheese
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 c. sugar
  • 1 Tbl. flour

3.) Pour cream cheese mixture over brownie batter. I usually use a rubber spatula to push it to the edges and spread it around;make sure you use a light hand while doing this. Spoon remaining batter in tablespoons around the pan. Lightly run a knife around the batter and cream cheese mixture to create a pretty marbled effect.

4.) Bake as directed, let cool for a little while, then enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home